Deformation, Strain and Modal Analysis
We provide services and collaborate in research projects with industrial partners from electronics, machine and construction industry as well as medical technology. We offer consulting and perform measurements of displacements, deformations and strain, shape and position, as well as vibrations. We have available up to a few hundred measurement channels and several imaging systems.
- Displacement and deformation analysis using tactile transducers and contactless triangulation sensors, image correlation and moiré technique (displacement transducers).
- Traceable characterization of displacement transducers using a laser interferometer.
- Strain measurement using Resistive Strain Gauges (RSG) and Speckle Pattern Interferometry (DSPI).
- Shape measurement using Fringe Projection for rough object surfaces and Twymann-Green Interferometry on reflecting flat surfaces
- Modal analysis and measurement of mode shapes using Speckle Pattern Interferometry (DSPI)
- Stress analysis using Thermal Methods (Thermal Stress Analysis TSA)
- Validation of FE Analysis according to the CEN-Workshop Agreement
- Reference materials for static and dynamic strain and deformation measurements: EU-Project VANESSA