Health and Performance
We develop novel materials for medical applications in and on the human body, and carry out research on new materials and systems that support and protect the human body and its function under different environmental conditions and health states.
For this, we need to understand materials-biology (proteins, bacteria’s, cells, etc.) interactions down to the nanoscale using cutting-edge and specifically designed analytical equipment. Based on the improved understanding we produce systems providing enhanced properties and performance using state-of-the art fabrication tools and working in teams of interdisciplinary scientists and engineers devoted to excellence.
In short: We combine our expertise in materials science, materials processing, computational modeling, life science and technology to generate innovative solutions.
- Which materials are suitable to maintain human health or even restore it?
- Which products improve the quality of life or safety for elderly people?
- How can we improve performance in sport or under extreme conditions?
- How can we functionalize fibers and textiles to give them specific properties?
- Can we guarantee the safety of new materials in future? And how can we test this?