Health and Performance
Protecting people, promoting good health in a sustainable manner, maintaining and improving our quality of life and physical constitution – these are and will remain major challenges, especially in light of our increasing life expectancy. In the Research Focus Area 'Health and Performance', we pool our interdisciplinary expertise in the fields of textiles, material science, biology and nanotechnology. We focus on the development of materials for medical applications in and on the human body, and research materials and new systems that protect and support us in our daily lives. Moreover, we examine the safety of new materials closely and develop new methods to study this in biological systems.
- Which materials are suitable to maintain human health or even restore it?
- Which products improve the quality of life or safety for elderly people?
- How can we improve performance in sport or under extreme conditions?
- How can we functionalize fibers and textiles to give them specific properties?
- Can we guarantee the safety of new materials in future? And how can we test this?