My interests are focused on new materials, their fascinating structures leading to new physical properties and applications. I’m experienced in the development and application of X-ray based analytical methods in the emerging fields of chemistry, biology, physics and microtechnology. My research is focalized on the study of strain and defect mobility in materials and / or systems such as thin films, coatings, interfaces and their dynamics and MEMS, especially for medical and space and applications.
- Lecturer of the master course “XRD Basic Principles & Applications” (each spring semester, Master of Science in chemistry) University of Fribourg: Fribourg, CH.
- CCMX “Advanced X-ray Diffraction Methods for Coatings”
Memberships in national and international organizations
- Board member of the Swiss Crystallographic Society
- Board member of the EPDIC
- Member of the Swiss Chemical & German Crystallographic Society
- Member of ESA Q-Lab Workgroup for reliability test equipment.
- Reviewer of scientific journals such as IEEE, Acta Cryst., Polyhedron.