Structure analysis on single crystals (SC-XRD), textured / oriented materials (WAXD)
- Single crystals: 3D molecular structure solution for new materials
- Textured materials: ordering, molecular arrangements
- 3D molecular structure (atomic positions, bond distances & angles, intermolecular interactions
- Ordering & molecular arrangements
- 3D X-ray data collection for single crystals
- Diffraction imaging for textured or partially ordered & oriented systems
- Evaluation of multi-phase systems
With the Stoe IPDS-II diffractometer, 3D data for single crystals can be collected with the aim to determine new 3D molecular structures. The instrument works in transmission mode and is equipped with an imaging plate detector. At the same time, it allows to work on preferred orientation, ordering of more complex systems and nano-crystalline materials.
We collaborate within the frame of national and international projects and support research inside and outside Empa based on mutual agreement and interest.