Structure analysis for nano-materials (SAXS & WAXS)
- Textured materials: ordering, molecular arrangements
- Nano-particle size distributions (<100nm) and shape determination
- Ordering parameters for nano systems
- Transmission scans: samples in capillaries and flat sample holders (with X-ray transparent windows)
- Mechanical forces can be applied to the samples
With the BRUKER NanoStar, powders, thin bulk materials can be analyzed. Colleagues from Empa with frequent demands can get access to the instrument after training and may use it by reservation through an online system. However, the staff of the lab will give support in setting up an optimized experiment.