STOE IPDS-II, Ag radiation
- Partially ordered systems
- Textured materials: ordering, molecular arrangements
- 3D molecular structure: short range ordering
- Ordering & molecular arrangements
- 2D and 3D X-ray data collection
- Diffraction imaging for textured or partially ordered & oriented systems
- Evaluation of multi-phase systems
With the Stoe IPDS-II diffractometer, 2D and 3D data can be collected with the aim to determine new molecular structures or to derive molecular ordering. The instrument works in transmission mode and is equipped with an imaging plate detector. The use of Ag radiation coupled with an imaging plate detector permits to collect high angle data with good statistics for the use and evaluation of PDF data. At the same time, it allows to work on preferred orientation, ordering of more complex systems and nano-crystalline materials.
We collaborate within the frame of national and international projects and support research inside and outside Empa based on mutual agreement and interest.