Dr. Peter Richner
- Deputy of Director
- Head of Department 'Civil and Mechanical Engineering'
- Head of Research Focus Area 'Sustainable Built Environment'
- Head of Research Focus Area 'Energy'
- Person responsible for NEST
Energy Efficient Building, Knowledge and Technology Transfer for Building Sector
Member of National and International Committee
- Advisory Board "Energy" of the Federal Institute for Material Science and Testing (BAM, www.bam.de)
- Advisory Board of the Lucerne University of Applied Science in the Department of Engineering and Architecture ( HSLU, www.hslu.ch)
- Expert Committee "Energy" of Swiss Society of Engineers and Architects, Vice President (sia, www.sia.ch)
- International Union of Laboratories and Experts in Construction Materials, Systems and Structures (RILEM, www.rilem.org), Former President (2009-2012)
- European Network of Building Research Institutes, Member of the Board (ENBRI, www.enbri.org)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Research Committee of ASTRA (Swiss Federal Roads Authority)
- Professional Career
- 2002-current Empa, Head of the Civil and Mechanical Engineering department
- 2000-2001 Empa, Member of the Board of Empa Dübendorf
- 1995-2000 Empa, Head of the Laboratory for Corrosion and Surface Protection
- 1990-1995 Empa, Head of the Group for Plasma-Source Mass Spectrometry
- 1989-1990 Indiana University, Postdoc funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation with Prof. Dr. G. M. Hieftje, Department of Chemistry, "Tandem-Source Plasma Mass Spectrometry"
- 2002 – 2004 EMBA University of St Gall
- 1985 – 1989, Dr. sc. nat. ETH, graduate studies at ETH Zürich with Prof. Dr. B. Magyar „Fundamentals, Mechanism and Application of the Adsorption Polarography of Molybdenum(VI)"
- 1979 – 1984, dipl. chem. ETH, undergraduate studies in chemistry at ETH Zürch