A new, unique platform for the investigation of sound transmission in lightweight structures. Four rooms can be assembled using lightweight construction techniques for the measurement of direct and indirect acoustic transmission in the horizontal, vertical and diagonal directions. Investigation of other structures, for example stair bedding etc. can be readily undertaken. The lightweight structures test facility is operated and financed in collaboration with the Department of Architecture, Wood and Civil Engineering of the Bern University of Applied Sciences (BUAS), Biel. The facility began operation on 30. Juni 2011.
Airborne sound test facilities, including one with movable rooms and replaceable framework for accepting test objects, with suppressed flanking transmission for walls doors and windows.
Impact sound test facility
- Active damping devices (Micromega Dynamics 1N, 45N)
- Analysers (real-time, narrowband, B&K 3560C Pulse, B&K 2250, LDS Photon II, Norsonic 121, Norsonic 140, Norsonic 840, …)
- Audio interfaces, processers, recorders
- Filters (third octave band, octave band, high-pass, low-pass, band-pass, analogue)
- Function generators
- Instrumented impulse hammer
- Intensity probes
- Microphones (1/4’’, 1/2’’, Soundfield, …)
- Loudspeakers/Woofers (specially for building and room acoustics systems)
- Impact testers
- Vibrometers (Polytec PDV-100, PSV-400-H4)