The laboratory for Biomimetic Membranes and Textiles is active regarding research and development of innovative textile layers and systems. State of the art production processes and special finishing are applied on any textile like soft tissue to characterize the interaction to the human skin.
Our aim is to act as bridge between fundamental research and industry to support a sustainable development of innovative products.
Heat and mass transfer / physiology
Flame and heat protection
- Water column (ISO 811)
- Bundesmann (ISO 9865)
- Rain tower (Manikin, EN 14360)
- Surface analytics (e.g. microscopy, SEM)
- Thermal analysis (e.g. TGA, DSC)
- Force and prolongation assessment
- Additional services see Solution Services / Advanced Fibers Lab
- Accredited testing lab according ISO/IEC 17025 (STS 0083)
- List of accredited tests see scope STS 0083