Simulating Biological Systems Group
Vision & Mission SimBioSys
What do we do? Physics-based simulations of transport processes in food systems and the human body
Why we do this? To reduce food loss in postharvest supply chains, individualize drug delivery systems, and design sustainable drying processes by understanding and steering these systems in-silico
How do we do this?
- Pioneering mechanistic modeling at multiple scales
- Bridging the virtual to the real world by multi-parameter sensing
- Creating digital twins that can live together with their real-world counterpart
Who are we? An interdisciplinary team of mechanical, biomedical and agricultural engineers, food scientists and environmental scientists.
- Coordinating Empa's Multiphysics Hub
- Organising Topical Days on High-Performance Multiscale Modeling
Teaching @ ETH Zürich
- Simulations and Sensors in Agri-Food Supply Chains (full course, MSc, 3 ECTS credits)
Workshop on How to build your digital human twin?
MSc thesis/Internship Position