Test device ALEX II
The 10 zone perspiring heated head form allows the investigation of the thermal and moisture transfer of different headgear.„ALEX” is placed in a wind tunnel in a climatic chamber. This allows the simulation of desired thermal conditions, with or without the influence of wind. Depending on the article to be examined, the inclination of the manikin head form can be adjusted (wind angle). The size of the head is accordingly with that of an adult person.
- 10 independent thermal zones, plus 1 thermal guard at the base of the neck
- Distributed heating wires and wire sensors for accurate control and measurement of skin temperature
- Nominal maximum heat flux 800 W/m2
- 21 distributed perspiring nozzles
- Nominal perspiration quantity is variable from 30 ml to 3 l/m2/h
If you have any queries regarding the suitability, cost or time frames associated with this testing, please do not hesitate to contact us.