Flexo printing is a widely-used printing technique in the packaging industry. It utilizes relief elements on a flexible printing plate or cylinder to transfer the ink to the substrate. It is essentially a modern letterpress.
- Relief elements on a flexible printing plate can print on nearly any type of substrate
- High variety of low viscosity inks can be used (UV, solvent, waterbased etc.)
- Anilox roller made of chrome/ceramic
- Web speed ≤ 80 m/min
- Mass-printing technique
- Resolution ≥ 150 dpi, ≤ 20μm
- Film thickness 0.1 – 3 μm