Available student projects (only for ETH students)
Application of machine learning in multiscale thermal modelling of laser powder-bed fusion processes (MSc thesis, link)
Finite element modelling of selective laser melting: a sensitivity study of melt-pool shape and dimensions to process parameters (BSc or semester project, link)
Thermomechanical Simulation for Distortion and Residual Stress Prediction in SLM Parts: Sensitivity Analysis I (BSc or semester project, link)
Thermomechanical Simulation for Distortion and Residual Stress Prediction in SLM Parts: Sensitivity Analysis II (BSc or semester project, link)
Cellular Automata for Modelling Microstructure Development during Metal Additive Manufacturing (MSc thesis, link)
Exploitation of physics-informed neural network for mechanical design (MSc thesis, link)
Exploitation of machine learning for increasing the computational efficiency of mechanical analysis for AM lattice structures (MSc thesis, link)
Mechanical integrity evaluation of an additively manufactured Ni-base superalloy (MSc thesis, link)
- Mathias Kuhlow, Cyclic plasticity and fatigue response of SLM Hastelloy X at 700°C, 2021, semester project.
- Thordis Tryggvadottir, Residual stress prediction in SLM parts: a sensitivity analysis in ABAQUS, 2021, semester project.
- Andrea Kossinna, Thermal simulation of laser powder bed fusion process: single tracks, 2021, semester project.
- Fabian Müller, Thermomechanical simulation for distortion and residual stress prediction in SLM parts: a sensitivity analysis, 2021, BSc thesis.
- Patrik Markovic, Effect of surface modifications on the fatigue performance of additively manufactured Ti-6Al-4V miniature tensile specimens used in lattices for orthopaedic implants, 2021, MSc thesis.
- Natalia Smatsi, Surrogate modelling for 3D multiscale thermal simulations of powder-bed additive manufacturing, 2021, MSc thesis.
- Christian Hauschel & Fabian Jüngling, A Surrogate modelling approach for cost-efficient mechanical analysis of lattice structures, 2020. Semester project & bachelor thesis.
- Mickey Fürer, Mechanical behaviour of additively manufactured Ti-6Al-4V lattices for biomedical implants, 2020, MSc thesis.
- Fabian Keller, Surrogate modelling for multiscale thermal simulation of powder-bed additive manufacturing, 2020, MSc thesis.
- Max Thalmann, Fatigue analysis of selective laser melted Ti6Al4V structures, 2020, BSc thesis.
- Robert Lengwiler, Constitutive model development and residual stress analysis for AM Hastelloy X, 2020, BSc thesis.
- Serjosha Robmann, Deformation analysis and finite element modelling for Ti-6Al-4V additive manufactured lattices, 2019, MSc thesis.
- Alexander Gillmann, Fatigue behaviour investigation of additively manufactured Ti-6Al-4V, 2019, BSc research project.
- Daniele Ghedalia, Characterization and modelling of orientation and size-dependent tensile behaviour of AM Ti6Al4V, 2019, Semester project.
- Daniel Greenfeld, Fatigue behaviour investigation of additively manufactured Ti-6Al-4V lattices, 2019, Research internship.
- Pooriya Gh Ghanbari, Prediction of temperature profiles and residual stress distribution in additive manufactured parts, 2018, MSc thesis.