Groups Concrete Technology / Cement Chemistry and Thermodynamics
The Concrete Technology and Cement Chemistry and Thermodynamics groups focus on fundamental research, application-oriented research and production development within the field of cementitious materials, with the aim of improving their sustainability. By studying alternative binder systems, concrete of improved durability and high-performance concrete, we aim at reducing the consumption of energy and raw materials and the CO2-emissions during the life cycle of concrete structures.
The Concrete Technology and Cement Chemistry and Thermodynamics groups use their competence in the fields of concrete technology (e.g., self-compacting concrete, recycled aggregate concrete) and construction chemistry in national and international research projects.
We act as consultants in all our scientific and technical fields and we offer investigations and measurements on a service basis. For our partners, we research and bring to being sound solutions in demanding areas. In all our activities, we remain independent and impartial.
We provide advice and information about different aspects of cement and concrete. At the same time, thanks to our world-class laboratory infrastructure, we are able to perform all relevant measurements and tests. Here follows a list of possible investigations, which include research for third parties, damage case analyses, demanding measurements or material testing and analyses.
- Research into the relationship between raw materials, methods of production and utilisation, which are relevant for the practical application of new cementitious materials
- Transfer of knowledge by publication, courses organization and talks in national and international conferences
- In our large laboratory we can perform both standard tests and specially tailored ones
- The most modern chemical analysis methods and efficient microscopy investigations
- Testing of fresh concrete properties
- Consulting about problems in the areas of concrete, mortar, cement and admixtures
- Cooperation in the elaboration of norms, standards and guidelines within national and international professional organisations and standards committees
We are accredited in the following areas STS 0338