Consequently there is a great need of research regarding material properties as well as structural behavior of recycling concrete. Therefore, our research focuses on the characterization of recycled materials and the influence of the varying composition on concrete properties. Furthermore, the behavior in structures is investigated. Based on the result, potential application in structures are identified.
Our research projects:
In these projects the characteristic properties of the recycled aggregates are investigated and their influence on the fresh and hardened concrete properties are shown as well.
- recycling concrete produced with recycled concrete aggregates
- mixed rubble aggregates
Important publications and documents:
- Hoffmann, C., Schubert, S., Leemann, A., Motavalli, M. (2012) Recycled concrete and mixed rubble as aggregates: influence of variations in composition on the concrete properties and their use as structural material. Construction and Building Materials 2012, 35, 701-709
- Schubert, S., Hoffmann, C., Leemann, A., Moser, K., Motavalli, M. (2012) Recycled aggregate concrete: Experimental shear resistance of slabs without shear reinforcement, Engineering Structures, 41 ,490-497
- Hoffmann, C. (2010). Recyclingbeton mit Mischgranulat. Eigenschaften der Recycling-Gesteinskörnung und Einfluss auf die Festbetoneigenschaften. Umwelt-Perspektiven, 6(4), 52-55
- Hoffmann, C./Leemann, A. Recycled concrete and mixed rubble as aggregates: influence of variations in composition on the concrete properties. Sustainable Construction materials and Technologies, Coventry, UK, June 11-13. 2007, 60-72. /C
- Hoffmann, C./Jacobs, F. Recyclingbeton aus Beton- und Mischabbruchgranulat: Sachstandsbericht. Projektnummer 205'670, Schweiz, 2007, 92 S. /REPORT
- Hoffmann, C. (2005). Recyclingbeton zwischen Ökologie und Qualität. Tec21, 131(3-4), 24-27