Here you find the latest news relevant for users of Empa's Electron Microscopy Center.
- The Thermo Fisher Quanta 650 ESEM has arrived (25/07/2017) - installation in progress!
- The FEI XL30 ESEM is taken out of service.
- Topical Day Electron Microscopy at Empa Dübendorf. June, 7, 2017! 9:00-12:30. Flyer!
- Pre-announcement: Topical Day Electron Microscopy at Empa Dübendorf. Save the date: June, 7, 2017! Introduction of the new facilities (Titan Themis & ESEM Quanta 650) - more info soon!
- New project application form for Empa users: here.
- Installation of the electrostatic biprism for the FEI Titan Themis. The biprism is used for electron holography, which is a method to measure electric and magnetic fields, as well as strain distributions using dark-field holography.
- The FEI XL30 ESEM microscope installed 2001 will be replaced with a FEI Quanta 650 ESEM during the first half of 2017. This means that the XL30 will go out of service as soon as we need to start preparing the installation of the new microscope.
- The installation of the new FEI Titan Themis is finished and all acceptance tests have been carried out successfully. The microscope is now open to the users. Applications for experienced TEM users can be submitted. You can find the proposal form for download here.