Access & Services
There are three ways to access and benefit from the center's infrastructure:
The Electron Microscopy Center at Empa Dübendorf offers an efficient characterization service for a variety of functional and structural materials. A large repertoire of conventional and advanced electron microscopy techniques enables state-of-the-art characterization of materials and nanomaterials from the micrometer down to the atomic length scales.
- Scanning electron microscopy and energy-dispersive X-ray characterization of (nano-)materials
- Transmission electron microscopy of materials including sample preparation, analytical techniques (EELS, EDX, EFTEM), electron tomography & data analysis
- Providing access to scanning electron microscopes to experienced users from academia and industry for regular investigations
- Consulting regarding the feasibility and the applicability of electron microscopy methods in materials science
- Technical consulting regarding electron microscopy equipment
For pricing information, consulting and other requests, see contact information.
Are you looking for a partner to realize an R&D project which requires electron microscopy? We are interested to collaborate with scientific and industrial partners in various fields of materials science.
The Electron Microscopy Center has been involved in various CTI projects wherein the center’s staff shares its expertise in characterizing materials by advanced electron microscopy methods. The center’s current cooperations involve academic as well as industrial partners. We are always interested in new coopartions for which the characterization of materials by advanced electron microscopy methods is central.
After an introduction given by staff of the electron microscopy center, users can operate the instrumentation independently. Practical trainings are offered for scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy and for sample preparation. Each training starts with a one-day introduction which allows you to safely perform basic operations. Depending on the need, additional trainings can be arranged for advanced and non-standard applications.
How to become a user? Here you find all the necessary information about the requirements for new users. For additional questions, please follow the contact information.