Checklist for Chip Modifications by FIB
- The technology has __ metal layers in total.
- Are there any fillers? (small, floating metal tracks)
à if yes, they have to be included in the GDS file
- The material of the metal layers and the fillers is Al or Cu? Or both?
à please specify (if unknown, no modifications will be conducted)
- Is there polyimide on top of the surface of the device?
à if yes, please remove it
- Figure of a cross-section of the technology
- track width in μm
- Thickness and material of top passivation and dielectric (SixNy, SiO2, …)
2. Operation and coordinates
A. Cut M__ track
Coordinates of the cut are (X=___ μm,Y=____ μm)
B. Connect M__ track and M__ track
Coordinates of the connection are (X1=___ μm,Y1=___ μm) and (X2=___ μm,Y2=___ μm)
- Please give us the coordinates and detailed screenshots of the modifications
- Furthermore, please give details on which layer in the GDS file is the corresponding metal layer (e.g. description: layer34 is M4, layer56 is M2, … the same for vias)
3. Chip list
Chip #a, Chip #b, Chip #c, … have to be modified.
Chip #d, … is a or are dummy sample/s (one dummy sample is mandatory)