NanoInformaTIX develops a web-based Sustainable Nanoinformatics Framework (SNF) platform for risk management of engineered nanomaterials (ENM) in industrial manufacturing. The tool will be based on the significant amounts of data on physico-chemical and toxicological and ecotoxicological properties of ENM generated over the last decades, as well as new data coming from research.
- Database: the database will be implemented by collecting and managing data from completed and ongoing projects;
- Material Modelling: to provide multiscale bottom-up methods for ENM design and model advanced descriptors, implement a ‘Safe-by-Design’ approach;
- Fate-Exposure Modelling: to develop models of ENM release and exposure, fate and environmental distribution, and bio-distribution;
- Dose-Response Modelling: top-down data mining and quantitative methods, to derive models of the ENM dose-response relationship for (eco)-toxicity, will allow ENM descriptors to be linked to adverse outcomes.
- Integration/linking of Models: chain data sources and models will enable specific operations needed for risk assessment as well as predictions of properties and effects for safer design of quality products;
- Model validation: to improve model prediction using advanced descriptors; validate models by comparing model predictions with data from EU and national projects.