Environmental Risk Assessment and Management Group (ERAM)
The mission of the ERAM group is to establish the scientific knowledge for a comprehensive and early view of opportunities and risks of new materials and technologies. Innovative technological applications will unfold most successfully if their potential positive and negative impacts - especially of the materials involved - on health, environment and society are anticipated as early as possible.
ERAM strives to integrate many aspects related to identifying and managing risks:
- Release of materials from products
- Sources and behavior in the environment
- Exposure and material flow modeling
- Probabilistic assessments
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Analysis of technological trends and opportunities
- Integrated assessment studies for sustainable innovation pathways
- Knowledge transfer to industry
ERAM is currently working with the following materials: nanomaterials, nanobiomaterials, plastics, microplastics, nanoplastics and textiles. Details on current and past projects can be found here.