Multiphysics Community @ Empa
Empa's Multiphysics Community aims to support computational modelers to boost excellence in modeling and simulation and to speed up the modeling workflow. We do this by facilitating software access at an institutional level and by fostering interaction between researchers.
To this end, we make multiphysics software (COMSOL, ANSYS, ABAQUS, ...) accessible for each employee or academic guest at Empa. We also provide best practice guidelines and coaching in multiphysics simulations. At the same time, we organize events, such as technical workshops and Topical Days.
- COMSOL Seminar at Empa 2023 (10th February 2023, Empa Akademie)
- Empa's Simulation and Sensing Day 2020 (December 2020, Zurich, Empa NEST)
- Statistical modeling workshop (October 2020)
- Workshop on How to build your digital human twin? on
- COMSOL Technical Workshop 2019 (Friday 13th of December 2019 – Empa Akademie)
- COMSOL Teaching Day III (7 March 2019)
Here you can find the information for Empa users: https://www.empa.ch/group/multiphysics
The Multiphysics Community was founded in January 2017. The community currently consists of over 80 members from 25 Empa labs. The User Group currently consists of three sister groups namely, COMSOL, ANSYS, and ABAQUS user groups. The Multiphysics Community organizes different projects and events, which are briefly explained below:
Multiphysics channel: Multiphysics channel provides short webinar-style videos from modelers for modelers at different levels. This platform gives the opportunity to pimp your simulations with practical tips and showcases. (Project manager: Donato Rubinetti)
Thijs Defraeye (Multiphysics Community Coordinator)