8 November 2022, 13:30 - 17:00
During the last couple of years, new manufacturing technologies such as additive manufacturing, micro- and nanofabrication or laser materials processing have significantly evolved significantly. Because of a sophisticated linkage between computers, data and manufacturing tools, we are seeing radical changes in how things are made. These developments are critical to the Swiss industry. Advanced Manufacturing is an important research focus at Empa and new research infrastructure has been installed particularly at Empa Thun over the last two years. The goal of this Technology Briefing is to provide an overview of the recent developments and current activities at Empa Thun in the areas metal Additive Manufacturing, in situ process monitoring, micronscale manufacturing, advanced materials characterization, and multiscale modeling and simulation.
13:30 Laboratory Visits
14:30 Coffee Break
14:40 Welcome and Brief Introduction
14:45 Talks Laboratory for Advanced Materials Processing
–Multi-scale, multi-physics modeling of advanced materials processing
– In situ and real-time monitoring of dynamical processes
– Additive Manufacturing of high-performance metals and metal matrix (nano-)composites
15:45 Coffee Break
16:00 Talks Laboratory for Mechanics of Materials and Nanostructures
– High throughput combinatorial synthesis of thin fiilms – from atomistic simulations to novel products
– Cutting-edge analytics enabling advanced manufacturing
– Conformal atomic layer deposition
17:00 Apéro and Poster Presentation
Inerested? Click here to register!