The Nanocellulose Days 2022 aims to gather the leading nanocellulose scientists as well as key researchers from adjacent fields for an in depth exchange focusing on the most important challenges in the field. Specifically, the Nanocellulose Days 2022 will focus on cellulose-water interactions related to processing and performance of nanocellulosic materials. Understanding these underlying interactions is imperative to developing future advanced bio-based products for a sustainable society.
The Nanocellulose Days 2022 will be held on May 22 – 25, 2022 at the Congressi Stefano Franscini (CSF) in Monte Verità, Ascona, Ticino, Switzerland.
A visit at Empa and the Cellulose & Wood Materials Laboratory will also be organized in the afternoon of May 25.
The conference will focus on the following key topics:
- Interactions between water molecules and cellulosic surfaces: implications for processability, hierarchical assembly and material performance.
- New and state-of-the-art methods for characterization of cellulose-water interactions using scattering and neutron-based techniques, as well as in-situ electron microscopy.
- 3D network formation in dispersions and gels, effects on rheology and processability.
- Effect of water molecules on the performance of engineered materials, such as fibers, films, foams and composites.
- Use of nanocellulose in packaging, water purification/remediation and biomedical applications.
Abstract submission deadline: February 1st 2022
Participation confirmation: After March 1st 2022
Registration opening: March 1st 2022