Homepage Dr. Denise Mitrano
- Characterization of nanomaterials through product relevant aging and transformations. Determine probability/concentration/characterization of nanoparticle release from nano-enhanced products and materials.
- Fabrication of nano-enhanced textiles
- Investigate nanoparticle dissolution and surface transformation(s) related to aging. (e.g. light exposure, washing, landfill, etc).
- Build knowledge and experience using a suite of analytical techniques capable of characterizing nanomaterials and/or other trace metals analysis
- Putting new technologies into a broader context:
- Evaluation of nano toxicity compared to traditional metal toxicity
- Finding appropriate products and markets for new (nano) technologies based on market acceptance, technical and economic criteria and life cycle analysis.