I am interested in understanding the structure and behaviour of biomaterials in molecular scale. From the structural point of view, the materials of my interest are mostly semi-crystalline or totally amorphous.
My research activities are focused on three main topics:
Crystallisation in biological environment
Molecular self-assemblies for the design of novel biomimetic functional materials
Research in the field of small angle scattering (SAS) to shed light into the new aspects of molecular behaviour in biomaterials
Our SAXS laboratory at the Center for X-ray Analytics, is equipped with a Brucker Nanostar system. Through established collaborations with different laboratories within the Department of Materials Meet Life at Empa, or outside, we provide experimental and scientific advisions for users on various projects. Current major collaborative projects include:
- In-situ analysis of fiber membranes
- Biomineralisation in human tissues
- Structural study of amphiphilic polymer co-network films
- Microfluidic design for controlled synthesis of nanoparticles
Memberships in national and international organizations
- Member of editorial board for ELSEVIER book series entitled Advances in Biomembranes & Lipid Self Assembly
- Member of the Swiss Crystallographic Society
- Reviewer of scientific journals such as Langmuir, Thin Solid Films, Cancer Investigations
- Wide Range of Functionalized Poly(N-alkyl acrylamide)-Based Amphiphilic Polymer Conetworks via Active Ester Precursors, S. Ulrich, A. Sadeghpour, R.M. Rossi, N. Bruns, L.F. Boesel, Macromolecules, (2018).
- Spherical-supported membranes as platforms for screening against membrane protein targets, V. Vasilca, A. Sadeghpour, S. Rawson, L.E. Hawke, S.A. Baldwin, T. Wilkinson, D. Bannister, V.L.G. Postis, M. Rappolt, S.P. Muench, L.J.C. Jeuken, Anal. Biochem., 549 (2018) 58-65.
- Interactions of Flavonoids With Lipidic Mesophases, A. Sadeghpour, D. Sanver, M. Rappolt, book chapter: Advances in Biomembranes and Lipid Self-Assembly, Academic Press, (2017), 95-123.
- Experimental Modeling of Flavonoid–Biomembrane Interactions; D. Sanver, B.S. Murray, A. Sadeghpour, M. Rappolt, A.L. Nelson, Langmuir, 32 (2016) 13234-13243.
- Comparative study of interactions of aliskiren and AT1 receptor antagonists with lipid bilayers, A. Sadeghpour, M. Rappolt, D. Ntountaniotis, P. Chatzigeorgiou, K. Viras, G. Megariotis, M.G. Papadopoulos, E. Siapi, G. Mali, T. Mavromoustakos, Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1848 (2015) 984-994.
- Lipid Transfer between Submicrometer Sized Pickering ISAsome Emulsions and the Influence of Added Hydrogel, A. Sadeghpour, F. Pirolt, G.R. Iglesias, O. Glatter, Langmuir, 30 (2014) 2639-2647.
- Submicrometer-Sized Pickering Emulsions Stabilized by Silica Nanoparticles with Adsorbed Oleic Acid, A. Sadeghpour, F. Pirolt, O. Glatter, Langmuir, 29 (2013) 6004-6012.