Reliability and Safety
The Reliability Science and Technology laboratory has extensive experience in reliability, degradation and safety analysis as well as first class infrastructure for characterization and failure analysis of materials, devices and systems in electronics, photonics and electrical equipment and systems for ICT, electrical power conversion and storage, transport, medtech and aerospace. The laboratory operates a reliability center including a pool with industrial companies and is accredited according to STS 0059.
Types of activicities
- Research with the focus on future reliable and safe products
- Knowledge transfer (teaching at university level and applied courses)
- Reliability, risk, and safety analysis
- Failure analysis
- Qualification and reliability testing
- Calculation and simulation tools for reliability and safety analysis
- Microscopy (optical, IR, X-ray, SEM, HeFIB, GaFIB, EMMI, OBIRCH, etc.)
- Sample preparation including ps-laser ablation
- Electrical, optical, thermal, and mechanical measurement equipment
- EMV and ESD test equipment
- Temperature-, climatic-, and corrosion test chambers, vibration and shock testers
- Power electronics and battery test facilities
A selection of completed projects is found here.