Services and Research Structural Engineering Lab
Services Structural Engineering Lab
Static and dynamic tests in the large testing hall
- Tensile compression bending tests on concrete / steel /polymers /rubber /masonry and gypsum
- Fatigue tests on structural elements made of concrete / steel / polymers /rubber /masonry and gypsum
- Punching shear tests on concrete decks; tests on concrete and steel columns, bridge bearings, anchor head systems and pull-off tests
Static and dynamic tests on cable systems and anchorages
- Tensile fatigue and rupture tests
- Load transfer tests on anchor heads
- Low temperature tests of cable systems / anchorage
- Saddle- / Deviation test
- In-situ monitoring and load testing of structures for the verification of calculated characteristics.
- Empa develops new methods of retrofitting in cooperation with industrial partners.
Empa accompanies the development of new amterials and methods from the initial concept to a commercial products.
- Consulting services for specific problems in structural engineering (earthquakes, FRP strengthening and damage claims).
Accreditation as testing laboratory for fatigue and static tests see pdf-File