In-situ Performance Testing
Within this area, we link laboratory experimental results to long-term performance in roads . We use mobile load simulator MMLS3 (and formerly the MLS10) to accelerate damage of pavements. We install sensors and use non-destructive procedures to monitor the structural response in field conditions (temperature, strains, deformations, etc.). We deal with the reliability of structural dimensioning of roads and also with the accuracy and application of weight in motion systems for heavy truck survey, experimental and theoretical research on damage mechanisms, failure analysis and modeling. We provide the scientific background for efficient maintenance and rehabilitation. We collaborate to provide in-situ validation for laboratory test results.
Research and Development
- ASTRA 2011/011_OBF application of asphalt interlayers for road pavements
- Developing an innovative type of asphalt joints using induction heating technology
- ASTRA 2013 / 006 Influence of channelized and non-channelized loading with the full-scale load simulator MLS10 on the durability of a T2 standard pavement
- VSS 2005 / 457 Research package of the recycling of reclaimed asphalt pavement in hot mix asphalt: VP6; In-situ validation
- VSS 2008 / 505 REDIRE Revision of pavement design and reinforcement methods 100% recycling