Postponed to 2022! Exact dates still to be defined.
The Nanocellulose Days 2021 aims to gather the leading nanocellulose scientists as well as key researchers from adjacent fields for an in depth exchange focusing on the most important challenges in the field. Specifically, the Nanocellulose Days 2021 will focus on cellulose-water interactions related to processing and performance of nanocellulosic materials. Understanding these underlying interactions is imperative to developing future advanced bio-based products for a sustainable society.
The Nanocellulose Days 2021 will be held on May 23 – 26, 2021 at the Congressi Stefano Franscini (CSF) in Monte Verità, Ascona, Ticino, Switzerland.
The conference will focus on the following key topics:
- Interactions between water molecules and cellulosic surfaces: implications for processability, hierarchical assembly and material performance.
- New and state-of-the-art methods for characterization of cellulose-water interactions using scattering and neutron-based techniques, as well as in-situ electron microscopy.
- 3D network formation in dispersions and gels, effects on rheology and processability.
- Effect of water molecules on the performance of engineered materials, such as fibers, films, foams and composites.
- Use of nanocellulose in packaging, water purification/remediation and biomedical applications.
Abstract submission deadline: February 1st 2021
Participation confirmation: After March 1st 2021
Registration opening: March 1st 2021